1.1.30b - 20 September 2007
- Fixed for Microsoft Vista. The previous setup program wouldn't install in Vista although this could be forced by running it in XP compatibility mode. Even then, Dalektron would not run, giving a message box containing: HRESULT error: class not registered (FACILITY_ITF). This has now been fixed and Dalektron should now work fine under Vista.
2006.1.1.30 - 27th March 2006
- Fix for a bug where the game terminates prematurely with "Index 1 is out of bounds". This was due to a bug in the code to award an extra life at 5,000,000 points.
2005.1.1.28 - 1st January 2006
- Internet scoreboard now shows a lot more scores which scroll through every 20 seconds or so. Also, in the game itself, we no longer distinguish between score tables for keyboard and gamepad users, which means that everyone gets shown in the same score table which should make it easier to find your entry.
- Scores for each Dalek hit have been increased (by quite a bit) which should result in a much higher scoring game. Now's your chance to leapfrog some of those early scores and get to the head of the high score table.
- Captain Jack Harkness now makes an appearence to help out in "Bad Wolf". Apart from any additional help he may give you, while you can keep three companions alive you will benefit from a bonus multiplier of x8.
- Teleporting when you have companions close by will also transport the companions too. This can be dangerous, however, since the companions aren't guaranteed to arrive in a safe zone free from Daleks. Most of the time, though, it is beneficial.
- Level 7 (D-A-L-E-K) has always had a hidden trick to it. The same trick is still there but we are now making it public since, with the new scoring, you might find a different way of playing the game. If you attack the "defenceless" chained Dalek this actually adds to it's strength and to the strength of ALL other Daleks in the game. If you found things getting a lot harder after Level 7 when you played previously then maybe it's because you mercilessly attacked the lone Dalek. However, now, you might be able to treat this as a valid strategy. Because of the new score changes you can make a lot of points by attacking the trapped Dalek. Sure, everything gets a lot harder afterwards but, if you can cope, it's a way to significantly boost your score. Try it and see what you think but beware the Glass Dalek in the "Revelation" level; if he becomes too strong....
- You can now add additional MP3 theme tune files to the C:\Program Files\Dalektron\Resources\Sounds folder and these will be played randomly during the game.
- New gun sounds added.
2005.1.1.24 - 12th August 2005
- fixed a nasty bug where the game would "freeze" when trying to place The Doctor after a teleport or regeneration
- multiple Daleks could be killed with a single projectile; this is no longer the case
- when playing in keyboard mode, the level restart key has been changed from "1" to F10. This is to avoid it being accidentally pressed during a game.
- "Resurrection" now spelt correctly.
2005.1.1.24 - 9th August 2005
- okay, so the previous version seemed to turn out harder to play than was intended, so the following changes have been made to make it a bit easier
- the Doctors weapon range has now been increased to full-screen again
- now eight projectiles are allowed onscreen at any one time to improve the responsiveness of the weapon
- the Imperial (white/gold) Daleks in "Remembrance" have been slowed down slightly
- the reduction in the Daleks site range (introduced in 2005.1.1.11) has now been removed. This means the Daleks will always come after you but the boredom factor introduced in the last version will mean that sometimes they may veer off and follow another path for a short time.
2005.1.1.23 - 8th August 2005
- new "Companion Bonus" added at the end of each level. This is to persuade you to guard your companions more closely since now this bonus can be worth a lot of points
- music now restarts in subsequent levels if it has finished playing
- "Destiny" level now has Bomb Daleks for added excitement
- drone Daleks sometimes get "bored". This is to prevent them from just swarming after The Doctor which made them rather easy to kill in some of the higher levels
- the Doctor's weapon now has reduced range. Interestingly, this is to make the game easier by allowing the firing to be more responsive since only 6 projectiles are allowed onscreen at any one time
- added auto-update facility with a shortcut icon to check to see if a new version is available
- added /xarcade option for those people lucky enough to have an X-Arcade dual controller
- fixed a bug where The Doctor would occasionally get killed for no apparent reason
2005.1.1.11 - 19th July 2005
- global scoreboard added
- levels reorganised so that there are 17 rather than 11
- gameplay modifications to "Dalek", "Remembrance" and "Revelation"
- some Dalek styles added/updated
- Daleks are generally "less observant"
- option to specify fire keys on command line (see Readme)
2005.1.1.8 - 14 July 2005
- first public release to Outpost Gallifrey